Consent to do Business Electronically
All parties to an agreement or transaction agree to conduct the transaction using electronic means.
Annual Participant Agreement, Release and Assumption of Risk
In consideration of the services of Aerialogy LLC, their agents, owners, officers, volunteers, participants, employees, and all other persons or entities acting in any capacity on their behalf (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Aerialogy”), I hereby agree to release, indemnify, and discharge Aerialogy, on behalf of myself, my spouse, my children, my parents, my heirs, assigns, personal representative and estate as follows:
1. I acknowledge that my participation in circus arts, manipulation skills, yoga, equilibristic skills, acrobatic skills, drama skills, and aerial arts training and instruction activities entails known and unanticipated risks that could result in physical or emotional injury, paralysis, death, or damage to myself, to property, or to third parties. I understand that such risks simply cannot be eliminated without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity.
The risks include, among other things: slips and falls; falling from equipment; rope burns; pinches, scrapes, twists and jolts that couldresult in scratches, bruises, sprains, lacerations, fractures, concussions, or even more severe life threatening hazards; strains, cuts, bruises, muscle soreness and fractures; musculoskeletal injuries including head, neck, and back; injuries to internal organs; the negligence of other people; my own physical condition; and the risk of emotional and psychological injuries or physical damage associated with this activity. Traveling to and from shows, meets and exhibitions will raise the possibility of any manner of transportation accidents. In any event, if you or your child is injured, any medical assistance will be at your own expense.
Furthermore, Aerialogy employees have difficult jobs to perform. They seek safety, but they are not infallible. They might be unaware of a participant’s fitness or abilities. They might misjudge the weather or other environmental conditions. They may give incomplete warnings or instructions, and the equipment being used might malfunction.
2. I expressly agree and promise to accept and assume all of the risks existing in this activity. My participation in this activity is purely voluntary, and I elect to participate in spite of the risks.
3. I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless Aerialogy from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action, which are in any way connected with my participation in this activity or my use of Aerialogy’s equipment or facilities, including any such claims which allege negligent acts or omissions of Aerialogy.
4. Should Aerialogy or anyone acting on their behalf, be required to incur attorney’s fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
5. I certify that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage I may cause or suffer while participating, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage myself. I further certify that I am willing to assume the risk of any medical or physical condition I may have.
6. In the event that I file a lawsuit against Aerialogy, I agree to do so solely in the state of Indiana, and I further agree that the substantive law of that state shall apply in that action without regard to the conflict of law rules of that state. I agree that if any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining document shall remain in full force and effect.
By signing this document, I acknowledge that if anyone is hurt or property is damaged during my participation in this activity, I may be found by a court of law to have waived my right to maintain a lawsuit against Aerialogy on the basis of any claim from which I have released them herein.
I have had sufficient opportunity to read this entire document. I have read and understood it, and I agree to be bound by its terms.
Parent’s or Guardian’s Additional Indemnification
(Must be completed for participants under the age of 18)
In consideration of Minor being permitted by Aerialogy to participate in its activities and to use its equipment and facilities, I further agree to indemnify and hold harmless Aerialogy from any and all claims which are brought by, or on behalf of Minor, and which are in any way connected with such use or participation by Minor.
I hereby give my consent for Aerialogy LLC to use my photograph and likeness in any and all forms of media for advertising, trade and all other lawful purposes.